Monday, November 19, 2007

REMEMBERING "MEMA" WEEK

This wednesday, November 21st will be 6 years that Mema passed away so this year I have decided to post photos of her on my blog all week because I have a feeling that she would have absolutely loved that. She once told me that she had a fear (not of passing) but being forgotten after she passed so I promised her that I will never let that happen which is why it is important for me to do this. The photo below is how we all remember her last before she went into the hospital. We are going to go to the cemetery on wednesday to bring some yellow roses (mema's favorite) and to keep the promise that I made to her years ago. I have a photo of mema on my fridge so I think of her every single day no matter how busy or crazy my life can get (like right now) and it puts a smile on my face to know that I kept my promise. Not that I would ever forget her if the photo wasn't there but sometimes we get so busy we tend to forget things that we shouldn't so the photo just makes me remember "MEMA" every single day no matter what. She was such a wonderful person and I miss her so much! Please help me remember "Mema" by veiwing my blog this week. I will add a new photo of her everyday and perhaps a funny story to go with it but to start it off here are 2 photos of "Mema" And because "Mema's" favorite color was blue I thought blue lettering would be a nice touch.





2 comments:

Christy and Cynthia said...

Mema is loved and missed soooo much!!! She will NEVER be forgotten

Stacey said...

I too will be posting a few photos when I get a moment. I too have a photo of her in my kitchen that I look at every day because it just makes me feel as if she is looking over me. Words cannot express how much I miss my namesake. I so wish she was still here.

I LOVE MY JOB!!!

I LOVE MY JOB!!!