Tuesday, January 8, 2008

NO FLOWERS PLEASE!


This is what I started seeing the day after christmas and it is now all over the florist dept, ugh! I will be sooooo busy soon (working in 2 stores) getting ready for this one day that I think is stupid, (except for the fact that it is Delaney's Birthday). After all, do you only tell someone you love them just on this day? No! you can tell them on any other day of the year and the Roses will cost $20.00 less. I think its a shame the way people get ripped off on Valentine's day. I never really disliked valentines day so much until I started working in a florist and really seen what its all about, the prices for that week on all the flowers either "double or triple " depending on the type of flower, its the one time of year that I actually do not enjoy my job. I have made it clear to Gedy many years ago..(no flowers please ) on valentine's day or even during that week, chocolates are O.K. though..hahaha. But I know Gedy feels the same way about Valentine's day as I do because he tells me every single day that ....he loves me! He doesn't need or wait for that one day to say it, so Valentine's day has no special meaning to me except I have to work alot and feel guilty knowing that people are paying a higher price for flowers, its just the way I feel although I'm sure that there are others out there who feel the same way.

3 comments:

Dann Smith said...

This is a fair point, & chocolate is great! I have always preferred things that don’t expire so fast. (*sadface* when the flowers start to droop)

Last year I got my partner a Dinky Donkey lol (sad I know but I think it’s awesome!)

But anyway, straying from the point, flowers are great if you don’t know the person so well imho. There are a great, traditional romantic gesture, even if they are a little expensive, I think some people may get scarred off if I gave them a Dinky Donkey and they didn’t know (crazy) me so well. ^^

Dann

Anonymous said...

I couldn't have said it better myself, I totally agree.

Anonymous said...

WOW I NEVER THOUGHT OF IT IN THAT WAY.
THANKS

I LOVE MY JOB!!!

I LOVE MY JOB!!!