Tuesday, April 8, 2008

IT COULD ONLY HAPPEN TO ME!

I am on vacation this week and at 1st I was so happy, I planned to get plenty of rest for the 1st part of the week and then do my spring cleaning by friday, right?...wrong! I started my vacation last friday the 4th, well on thursday morning Gedy was cleaning the tiles in the shower and discovered that about 6 tiles on the wall were sinking in when he touch them plus, up above in the ceiling there was a bubble. So, I called the office and they sent a maintenance guy up to check it out, he says...yep, you've got a problem here it looks like there was a leak in the walls, I will go tell them up at the office and they will be in touch with you soon. An hour later another maintenance guy came up to look at it, then 1/2 hour after him another maintence guy and he says, o.k. we will be in touch soon. Within an hour I get a phone call saying that we will need a whole new bathroom and the guys will be out here at 8am on monday morning to gut the bathroom, WHAT! 8am? everyone knows that I am not a morning person, crap! O.k. so the maintence guy says that it will just be for 2 days and then the bathroom will be done, I can deal with that even though I really do need my beauty sleep. Well needless to say 2 days have turned into 5 days and the bathroom will be finished on friday because every day a different guy will come in to do a different job. So I will not get my spring cleaning done and there is dust all over from tearing the bathroom apart, and most of all ....I will not get my much needed R & R and will go back to work exhausted. However, there is nothing I can do except laugh at the whole situation and think...this can only happen to me, am I right? Below is a photo of my gutted bathroom, they are going to put a cover over the tub to make it look new, a beige tub. Below is what the bathroom looked like as of today, new tiles and a new floor, I like it already. I know what you are thinking......where is the toilet, right?
Here is the toilet! It has been sitting in our computer/ spare room since 8am monday morning, and I have to say... not only does it look weird, but theres nothing like sitting at your computer and looking at a toilet. Its a constant reminder that I have to run up stairs to the 3rd floor apartment (above us) to use the toilet, yes, the apt is unoccupied, thank god.

I am sure that I will be so happy to see my new bathroom when it is done but until then I really need some sleep and another vacation to get my spring cleaning done. Well, I have to run upstairs now for you know what....lol. wish me luck with this whole bathroom remodel!


3 comments:

Stacey said...

Oh mom! I am dying laughing at the photo of the loo. I can just see dad getting up in the middle of the night.......remember my little red wagon???
Anyway, I hope to goodness you get your loo back very soon. And I hope you get some sleep.....

Robincita said...

Hey, now Dad can take a dump and watch the tube!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Mom said......

Too late for that now, the toilet is back where it belongs......in the bathroom.yaaaaaaay.

I LOVE MY JOB!!!

I LOVE MY JOB!!!